Saturday, December 20, 2014

Silk Conversion by Needle In A Haystack

For those wanting a silk conversion and don't have the time to do their own, I've done one for my Needle In A Haystack customers. Given doing a conversion takes a good chunk of time we are making it available with our silk thread pack. If you want to check your personal stash of Soie d'Alger and NPI you can purchase the conversion list for $10 and when you order more than $20 worth of silk from the conversion list, we'll give you back the $10 as credit toward the silks. We're also breaking it up so if you can get the silks in 3 bundles - broken down into the silks for parts 1-3, 4-6 and 7-12. Where there are families we send the full family with the first ones used. Soie d'Alger in particular is notorious for dyelot changes and within a family that can be quite problematic if one of them changes. You'll find the information on our order page for Serenity Harbor Sampler. I also picked other colors for the flowers in Soie d'Alger and you'll find the photos for them on that page as well (and they are part of the conversion list). You'll notice in the photo there are a few over-dyes and those are optional if you're so inclined for the few places they are most useful.

I'm going to stitch mine on 32 count linen over-one as tent stitch with these silks. Silks open up when you stitch with them so gives good coverage over-one as tent on 32 count. You could even do it over-one at tent stitch up to 40 count. 28 would make it a little sparse but over-one on that could I'd do a full cross-stitch. If you read the shop newsletter I put a photo of a piece I stitched in silk over-one on 32 count Wichelt linen so you can see what I'm talking about. If you aren't on our e-mail list you'll find the December 20th newsletter on the website here.

I'm really looking forward to starting this project. I just have to decide on whether I'm going to do it on Wichelt Lambswool or Lakeside Linens Vintage Flagstone...

No comments:

Post a Comment